Emma Regada was born in Andorra and from a very young age she let her imagination run wild. She went to Barcelona to study fine arts and discovered performance and sculpture, the two disciplines that have accompanied her in her artistic and personal growth. She is currently working in her workshop in Andorra making sculptures, some ornamental pieces and continues directing artistic projects such as photo shoots and various short films. The materials she is passionate about are related to mountains: wood, iron and stone, with which she tells stories and memories that link her to her land.
"With sculpture I create pieces, with performance I create myself."
Performance is its most direct means of expression, arising from the need to critique the stereotypes and prototypes that society uses to label us; labels that are imposed on us and that we often end up believing are ours. This way of thinking is due to a trauma she suffered as a child and was not able to overcome until adolescence.
The thread is the material with which she started performances, a metaphor for the social labels that trap us. If we parade a piece of clothing it ceases to have all the value we give it and becomes a simple thread. "From this tangled thread, I stretch, I drown, I always support with a critical vision of a consumerist and stereotyped society."
Little by little she noticed that in most works red abounded and that this color expressed the anger and pain she carried within.
Her work is divided into two paths: her inner and exterior self.
Her inner self: she studies herself, her emotions, reactions, possession and uncontrollability of her body. All from a mental isolation, a ritual that could resemble meditation and with her eyes closed, allows one to transport oneself to the various parts of the body, intensifying the sensations and discovering those involuntary movements that go unnoticed by the amount of information coming from the outside.
Exterior: she gives flow to the creation of new links between space and people, unknown people who end up leaving a mark on the other. A look, an expression, a word ... “are various ways to create these links that allow us to discover to other, a stimulus, a smile, a caress ... turn a stranger into a small part of us. ”
"Having overcome these traumas, performance has allowed me to find the positive side of all these experiences and open myself to the street, to the unknown. Open up to myself. ”
- 2019 Title in puppet show
- 2016 Master's Degree in Artistic Training
- 2015 Degree in Fine Arts from the University of Barcelona
- 2000 2011 - Theater Schools
- 2019 Organizes the Creative Workshops at the Engolasters lake in the municipality of Encamp, Andorra
- 2018-2020 Visual arts teacher at the La Llacuna Art School in Andorra la Vella and at the Ordino School of Art, Andorra
- 2018 Organizes the Workshop "Our house is your home" for World Refugee Day, Andorra la Vella, Andorra
- 2018 Directs the artistic part of the filming for the pilot test for Carles Flinch's cooking program with Quelcom, and the filming of the spot for Andorra Telecom with Cometoland, Andorra la Vella, Andorra
- 2017 Directs the image session of Leo Boeck products made by Cometoland and the short film “The Bride”
- Assists in the organization and art direction of the Gala in commemoration of the 10th anniversary of the FAAD with the company Lex Viral.
- Organizes the free workshop "Let's build a cabin" at the Engolasters lake for parents and children.
- Organizes workshops for schools at the Engolasters lake during the Biennal Land Art together with the artist and teacher Eudald Alabau.
- Organizes talks and workshops on performance at the La Salle school in La Seu d’Urgell, Spain
- 2016 Directs the artistic part of the shooting of the teaser of the film "Impact"
- Organizes art workshops with Studio Eventia and Gatzara Espectacles
- Decorates the hall of the La Plana building, Andorra la Vella, Andorra
- Does an internship with the artistic workshop Taula de Guix in Sarrià, Barcelona, Spain
- 2013 - 2015 Cultural guide of Casa Cristo, the historic center and the Church of Santa Eulàlia and Sant Miquel of Encamp, Andorra
EXHIBITIONS AND PERFORMANCE
- 2019 “Hybrids”, performance for the opening of the exhibition “Animals” by Samuel Salcedo in Artalroc, Escaldes Engordany, Andorra
- 2018 “Terra” performance for the IV Comartpedrosa contemporary art festival
- “Aigua, font de via” performance for the Festival Nit Blanca, Pirineus Creatius
- “Let’s dress for change” performance for the event “Nuit des Idées” organized by the French Embassy, Andorra la Vella, Andorra
- Individual exhibition “Performance and body paint” in the La Peixera space of the La Xarranca collective, Escaldes Engordany, Andorra
- "Under plastics" performance for the exhibition Drap Art with the artist Eudald Alabau at the Maritime Museum of Barcelona, Spain
- “Mulla´t per la cultura” inaugural performance at the Àgora Awards ceremony for the La Xarranca collective
- “Consuming life” performance executed together with the artist Eudald Alabau in VIVAND, Escaldes Engordany, Andorra
- “Sleeping on the straw” performance for the inaugural Land d’ Art Biennial event, Andorra
- Group exhibition at the Pilar Riberaygua gallery with the Mountain Alchemists collective, Andorra la Vella, Andorra
- Group exhibition at the Agüi Gallery, Andorra la Vella, Andorra
- Individual sculpture exhibition, Paqui Delgado Gallery, Sant Sadurni d’Anoia, Barcelona, Spain
- “Peso” with the Isóbaras performance group in La Pedrera, Barcelona, Spain
PARTICIPATION IN CULTURAL EVENTS
- 2018 Creates the sculpture “Invincibles” in honor of Breast Cancer Day for Vallbanc, Andorra
- 2017 Creates and presides the Culture Commission of the Andorran National Youth Forum
- Winner of the “Best Artist” award in the Jardins d’Art d’Ordino competition, Andorra
- Selected to participate in the II Biennial of Land Art with the installation "Lligam" located in Roc del Quer, Canillo, Andorra
- Participates in the Comartpedrosa Contemporary Art Festival
- Participates as a blacksmith in the Alins blacksmith meeting “Iron Forests”, Catalunya, Spain
- Placement of the public sculpture "Guardiola de Sang" in honor of Blood Donors for the City of Sant Sadurni d'Anoia, Barcelona
- 2018 Winner of the Comú d’ Encamp Award at the Pas de la Casa Snow Sculpture Symposium with the work “Captivating sensuality” with Jordi Ribes, Pas de la Casa, Andorra
- 2018 Sergi Mas Award, with the sculpture “Murs”, Àgora Award for the poster of Sant Jordi, Andorra
- 2017 “Best Artist” Award of the 2nd edition of Jardins d’ Ordino, Andorra
- 2015 Scholarship for the Master's Degree of the Crèdit Andorra Foundation, Andorra
- 2012 1st Prize in the video-art category VI Sergi Mas competition, Andorra
- 2011 1st Prize for fast painting, Hospitalet de l’ Infant, Catalunya, Spain
- 2010 2nd Fast Painting Prize, Hospitalet de l’ Infant, Catalunya, Spain
- 2010 2nd Second Prize in the 1st Design and Recycling Forms Competition
- 2020 Snow Sculptures Symposium with the sculptures “Hanami” and Captivating sensuality” with Jordi Ribes, Pas de la Casa, Andorra
- 2019 Training in Bulgaria in the project "7 Trails for Mixity", with the participation of South Africa, India, Mexico, France, Italy, Bulgaria and Spain
- 2018 Participation in the Snow Sculpture Symposium with “Listen to my voice”, Pas de la Casa, Andorra
- 2017 Selected from the Pyrenees Creative for the Youth Cultural Exchange in Florence between Romania, Italy, England, Ireland and Spain
- 2017 Snow Sculpture Symposium with “Vòrtex” with Sabina Vilagut, Pas de la Casa, Andorra
- 2015 Participation in the Snow Sculpture Symposium
- 2015 Snow Sculpture Symposium with “Mirador de Neptú” with Anna Bonfill, Gara Basilio and Raquel Sesma, Pas de la Casa, Andorra
- 2015 Sculpture Symposium with the sculptor Lluís Ribalta Coma-Cros, Pinsïo, Finland
Emma Regada was born in Andorra and from a very young age she let her imagination run wild. She went to Barcelona to study fine arts and discovered performance and sculpture, the two disciplines that have accompanied her in her artistic and personal growth. She is currently working in her workshop in Andorra making sculptures, some ornamental pieces and continues directing artistic projects such as photo shoots and various short films. The materials she is passionate about are related to mountains: wood, iron and stone, with which she tells stories and memories that link her to her land.Read more